McKenna Ryan Group Quilt-a-Long
A place to share our journey to completing a McKenna Ryan project
- one block, many blocks or a quilt.

Friday 22 August 2014

Bella Garden - Block Three

Its been a while since I have done any work on my Bella Garden Quilt, there's been so much else to keep me busy, but its back on now.

I've almost completed the applique features, just a little stitching to do and it will be complete.  Those dreaded wisteria flowers took forever but they were worth it.

I've decided to change my quilt from the original a little, and omit the bird pictures on the top and bottom.  I feel it would just be too big to do anything with so I will add a couple of borders and then think about the quilting.  Not really sure how to quilt this, the material is so vibrant it wont need very much at all.  If anyone has any suggestions or examples, please let me know.
Lily Flower


Mr Frog

Here are two of the applique features in Block Three which is the lily pads and flowers on the bottom of the block.
Applique Block almost complete

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow, love those flowers, you have done a fantastic job, I especially love the lily flowers...just gorgeous...well done..

Susan said...

This is looking absolutely gorgeous - I really really want to get back to mine - I have failed dismally as a blog leader!!

Maureen Clare said...

Beautiful and pretty as a picture. Well done. I feel so so bad that I haven't even touched mine for yonks. Umm I think you have given me the enthusiasm to start pronto. Top marks Bella...

Renee said...

Oh my, this is GORGEOUS!

I can picture some subtle waves in the water section and perhaps a few clouds quilted into the sky section.

Regardless of how you quilt it, this is just beautiful!